Cancels and Replaces (“C/R”)
A cancel and replace requisition is required when a previous purchase order needs to be closed/cancelled due to various reasons. Some of these reasons may be caused by a vendor ID change, BP address modification, FOAPAL changes, and many more. Regardless of the need for the cancel & replace requisition, the department will need to follow the below procedure in order to get a new purchase order.
- Departments must work with University Payables to ensure that all incomplete/header/on hold invoices have been removed from the previous purchase order. If a department is unsure if any invoices are incomplete or on hold, FAIINVL/FOIDOCH in Banner may be utilized to review this information for the associated purchase order. FAIINVL may be used to determine the incomplete/header invoices while FOIDOCH is used to determine whether any invoices are on hold.
- An email should be sent to the Payables main inbox, Obfsupay@uillinois.edu , requesting the invoices be removed from the associated purchase order. Below is an example of the email communications:
Subject Line: PLEASE REMOVE INVOICE FROM PXXXXXXX/FOR CANCEL/REPLACE
“Please remove invoice NUMBER(S) from PO NUMBER, so that I may complete a Cancel and Replace.”
2. Once the department receives confirmation from Payables that all incomplete/header/on hold invoices have been removed from the old purchase order, the department must submit a requisition for the cancel and replace. Failure to provide the following information will result in the requisition being returned.
- The department must include the communication from Payables confirming all incomplete/header/on hold invoices have been removed from the old purchase order on the internal side of the requisition. If there are not any invoices that are in incomplete/header/on hold status, the department should provide screenshots from both FAIINVL and FOIDOCH on the internal side of the requisition rather than the communication from Payables.
- In the internal notes, the department must request the old purchase order to be closed. A service request is no longer required to close out the old purchase order.
- Any quote/invoice must be added on the new cancel and replace requisition.
- The department must include on the external notes/attn field in the requisition, that it “cancels and replace PXXXXXXX”. Failure to include this language will result in the requisition being returned.
For more information on how to fill out the purchase requisition form please visit: https://answers.uillinois.edu/training/page.php?id=120250.
For any questions on how to submit a cancel and replace requisition please contact the Purchasing and Contract Management Office at 217-333-3505 or email@example.com.