Furniture consists of a variety of items, and generally refers to movable objects intended for activities such as sitting, eating, sleeping, storing, or completing office tasks. The following list includes but is not limited to items classified as furniture; if you are still unsure whether your procurement is furniture or not, please contact Purchasing.
- Cabinets (Filing, Storage, Tool)
- Chairs (Classroom, Folding, Office, Lounge}
- Classroom Seating
- Coat Racks
- Desks (Classroom, Computer, Office)
- Dormitory Furniture (Beds, Dressers, Nightstands, Chests, Couches, Lounge Chairs)
- Laboratory Furniture (Portable Storage Units, Tables, Cabinets)
- Lockers & Locker Room Benches (classroom use)
- Lounge Seating
- Mail Sorting Units
- Modular Furniture and Furniture Systems, including work surfaces
- Office Seating
- Tables (Classroom, Coffee, Computer, Conference, End, Folding)
- Whiteboard/Frameless Whiteboard/Smartboard
Departmental Process is helpful in navigating where to start and what is needed when submitting requisitions.
The University has access to a variety of furniture solicitations including: IPHEC1905, 189ALC, 188ALC, IPHEC1706, and 183ALC. For more solicitations please visit the IPHEC website: https://www.iphec.org/awards.